Service Development / Microsoft Windows Engineer
Are you interested in working for a growing and innovative advanced Cloud Services Provider? NIRIX has openings! NIRIX is looking for a passionate technical IT professional to join and build our service development team.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages which include competitive base salary, corporate bonuses, group benefits, and more.
What you’ll do
- Be part of our datacenter team that builds, manages, and supports our world class datacenter, cloud operations, and infrastructure.
- Be part of the day to day technical team that will be implementing new exciting enterprise class hardware and software as well as provide excellent tier 3 technical support for escalated technical support tickets.
- Evaluate, design, build, test, and roll out new advanced cloud service (IaaS, DaaS, SaaS, XaaS)
- Through your knowledge and expertise, be able to communicate and influence the future road map of cloud services at NIRIX.
- Present new and innovative cloud service offerings as a business case to management.
- Act as the technical contact with one or more vendors in the development of one or more advanced cloud services.
- Perform extensive testing, evaluation, and testing of vendor’s products and solutions.
- Technical troubleshooting and escalation with our partner vendor(s).
- Manage a sophisticated, critical and expanding cloud infrastructure.
- Provide back end technical training and escalation support for NIRIX’s advanced cloud services to front end support teams.
- Develop and maintain up to date detailed documentation of all support and project related incidents as well as the entire infrastructure.
- Report project progress, issues, challenges on scheduled basis.
What we are looking for
- 5-7+ years hands-on IT experience directly with Windows 2008 R2+ or higher.
- 5-7+ years hands-on IT experience directly with Active Directory, GPO, Microsoft Federated Services.
- 2-4+ years hands-on developing and scripting using PowerShell for service automation.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Have excellent ability to translate technical expertise and information into simple to understand concepts and present it to management level audience.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess a situation and provide options based on unbiased facts, pros, and cons.
- Have the “Yes, we can do it” attitude and then gets it done.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and work effectively with associated team members.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Excellent documentation skills with detail and accuracy.
- Certification should include some or all of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) current to within two years.
- VMware Certified Professional – current to within two years.
- Any other professional certification designations are a bonus.
- Advanced Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2 Server support and admin experience (5+ years experience).
- iSCSI experience as it related to network connectivity/storage via SAN or NAS (5+ years experience).
- MUST have intermediate to expert level expertise with VMware ESX 4.x – 5.x, vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, vStorage, HA, FT (4 – 6 years hands-on technical troubleshooting and implementation experience).
- Extensive hands-on technical experience with image based backup products such as Acronis, Veeam Backup, Appassure, and other similar image based backup software.
- Extensive hands-on technical experience working in a hosting services provider with multi-tenancy configuration and design.
- Have experience with Control Panel management technologies such as Plesk, Control Panel, and / or other cloud management platform softwares.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple large sized projects and work under tight timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and business requirements.
- Ability to understand and deliver high quality customer service internally and external.
- Experience in IT operations and an actively contributing team member in project based work.
- Have had 5+ years experience supporting and administrating in a highly available five 9’s datacenter environment.
- Have advanced knowledge of failover and disaster recovery schemes and cluster configurations.
- Have 5+ years of network and solutions design and implementation experience.
- Have led medium to large sized projects.
Position is full time Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm and based in Edmonton
Position is immediately open and will remain open until the suitable candidate is found.
If you are interested in taking part in one of the biggest business technology shifts since the Internet, please submit a copy of your most recent resume. Submit resumes to HR@nirix.com or follow the link below to fill out our online form.
Submit Resume »